Now that the kids are all back to school, rainy weekends are on the way unfortunately – however we have some good craft ideas that will keep you all busy indoors – well for a couple of hours at least 😜
Take a look at these fun crafts to keep the little one’s busy on a grey weekend…
- Pencil Toppers – Get the kids involved in making some cool pencil toppers either to take with them to school or to keep at home for homework sessions. We love this pipe cleaner idea from Makes and Takes – and of course if you want to jazz them up grab your glitter and your glue to make them sparkle.
- Glittery Bookmarks – We love the idea of making reading really fun and you could glitter these in all kinds of colours for different books or subjects. We got some major inspo from Crafts by Amanda and her lightsaber glitter bookmarks.
- No-Sew Zip Bottle Pencil Case – Recycle an old plastic bottle and use it for a pencil case. The little ones will love getting involved making something to keep all of their new pens and pencils in – we love this one from Makeit – Loveit. Of course at Craft Glitter HQ we would defo be adding some glitter to those plastic bottles.
- A ‘Do not disturb – homework in progress sign’ – What a better way to get homework completed? Get yours to make their own homework in progress sign for that extra incentive. They can design it however they like and the best part is all you need are some lolly sticks and some card. We got our inspo from this Pencil Door hanger over at Activity Village.
- DIY Rucksack I.D tags – Get them ready to go back to school by creating some i.d rucksack tags together. Use some card and foam letters and of course, glitter to write their name, attach it to their bag with some ribbon and voila. You can pick up cheap vinyl luggage tag case like these to protect them.
Have you got any weekend craft ideas to keep the kids busy?